We care about your shop and want you to create a successful online business. We are happy to answer any questions you have with setting up your theme and configuring the settings to match your unique brand. Below you will find the full scope of support we offer:
Any support question submitted to the Support Center will be considered high priority and will be responded to as soon as possible. The Support Center is our official channel for support.
We aim to provide feedback for all requests within 24 hours, but please allow up to 1-2 business days for a response.
In some cases you may receive a response within just a few hours depending on ticket volume. Our support team is primarily based in the Canadian and U.S. Eastern time zone and is available during standard business hours.
For maximum efficiency in resolving your issue as quickly as possible, we recommend including as many details, as outlined in this blog post, either in your original request or a follow up email.
Requests are generally answered on a first come, first served basis and there is no way to mark a request as "urgent" or high priority. If you are experiencing an major issue with your store, we suggest using the tips here.
After submitting a support request, you should receive a confirmation email from our system within a few minutes. If this has not arrived after 10-15 minutes, please check to see if it is your "junk" or "spam" filter and, if so, add us to your "safe" senders or whitelist.
If the original confirmation email is routed to your junk folder, it is likely our response will be as well. If you are not able to find a confirmation email from us, it is possible you entered your email address incorrectly so you may want to follow up and provide a correct address.
The scope of our support includes the following
- General questions about theme functionality and technical capabilities.
- Help with setting up theme features and configuring the theme settings.
- Any Shopify compatibility issues arising from a standard theme install.
Priority support includes the following
If you purchase a priority support subscription, your help requests, which must be submitted via the dedicated form in the Theme Updater App, will typically receive faster responses. However, there are some important things to note about this plan:
- While priority support customer requests are given priority, we cannot guarantee turnaround time for your requests.
- In some cases, more advanced requests may be delayed, especially if we need to conduct more research or consult with other team members.
- Also note that our ability to resolve issues quickly depends heavily on how much information you provide about the issue. Read tips about creating an optimized support request here.
- The priority support plan does not expand the scope of support. This means we cannot help with customizations or other request types in the main list of exclusions below.
Our support DOES NOT extend to
- Shopify administration or native Shopify functionality, which can be better answered by Shopify Support.
- Requests that are well documented either via the Shopify Help Center or our own help center.
- Phone, Skype, Facebook Messenger, live chat or other realtime support.
- New feature development or custom designs, which we will refer to the Shopify Experts Directory.
- Any errors related to theme customizations, either by third-party plugins, apps or template file modifications. We will advise reverting these customizations back to the original theme to restore the default functionality.
- Any installation, configuration or troubleshooting issues involving third party apps, including those in the official Shopify app store.
- Removing or updating customizations made to a theme, whether by Out of the Sandbox or other parties.
- Design or layout changes beyond simple updates that can be made via the theme options.
- Upgrading themes, whether they have been customized or not.
- Incomplete or erroneous theme updates using our Shopify Theme Updater app.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) issues, set up or troubleshooting. All of our themes utilize SEO best practices that have been fully tested. Because SEO strategies and setups vary greatly, we are unable to provide support for micro data, schema tag, meta tag, canonical tag or indexing problems. We offer a variety of SEO related resources here or you can hire a Shopify SEO expert.
- Conversion rate optimization, business, legal or similar issues.
- Page speed or W3C validation or other validation or similar issues. We have a list of general tips about improving page load time and a blog post about common Google PageSpeed Insight warnings.
- Assistance installing or troubleshooting issues with Google Search Console, Google Merchant Center, Google Analytics, Google AdWords remarketing tags, Google Tag Manager, Facebook Pixels or other third party analytics or tracking code.
- Issues with Rich Snippets or Schema validation.
- Technical support for older versions of our themes may be limited. Upgrading to the latest version is always recommended and may be required for us to provide technical support. You can learn how to upgrade here or use our Shopify theme updater app. We currently provide technical support on Turbo 2.0+, Parallax 3.0+, Retina 4.0+, Mobilia 5.0+, and Responsive 6.0+.
- Support transferring customizations that our Shopify theme updater app is unable to move over automatically. If you encounter issues, we encourage you to report the issue in detail to us.
- Legal or compliances issues such as accessibility, GDPR, COPPA, privacy or other similar matters.
- Customizations assistance for developers or designers being done for clients. It is the developer's responsibility to be familiar with CSS, Liquid and other technical issues.
- If you request the permanent deletion of your personal information from our systems, your license will remain valid subject to the other terms of this policy and our terms of service, but we may not be able to provide technical support if you have requested the deletion of your personal data.
Our support does come with some additional limitations:
- As outlined in our terms and conditions, technical support is not guaranteed, though we will do our best to help or provide you with resources or referrals to help resolve your issue.
- A valid, registered theme license may be required to receive technical support, subject to verification by Out of the Sandbox.
- We reserve the right to limit support to the end user of the theme only. Developers working on client projects should be aware of this and adjust any professional fees to cover the costs of any customizations that we cannot support.
- We reserve the right to limit support for customers with excessive inquiries, especially customization requests or questions that are documented elsewhere.
Some other important notes about our support:
- English is our preferred language, though we can also provide limited support in French (though this may add processing time to your request). If you send a request in another language, we will attempt to use an online translation service to translate your request, but our response will be in English.
- Inquiries with typographical errors in the sender's email address or other contact information may prevent our reply from being delivered. If you do not receive a confirmation email from us within 15-30 minutes of sending your request, please double check your "spam" or "junk" folder and, if the message has not be received, verify you entered your email address correctly.
- If you need to transfer a theme license from one store to another one you own per our terms and conditions, please be aware you may need to contact support to finalize this transfer. Please allow 1-3 business days for this transfer to be processed.
- If we have successfully resolved an issue and you reply to the same ticket with a new issue, your new question will be treated as a new request. This means the reply to your new request is subject to the 1-2 day turnaround and may be, in order to provide you with the most efficient response, be answered by another technical support representative than who handled your original request.
Theme issues versus customization issues
It is our commitment to fix any theme issue or bug as quickly as possible after they are brought to our attention. Once we determine that the issue is with the standard theme, we will provide you with a fix and proceed to update the theme for all customers to access. If there is an issue due to a modification to the default template files, we will advise on how to revert the theme back to the original.
A theme customization is considered to be anything that directly modifies the original template files of the default theme.
When editing your template files from the Template Editor, you can click on the 'Older Versions' link to revert any changes that have been made.
For more details on the differences between a theme customization and theme issue, read this blog post.
Please note that any custom code is written just for your store and may not have been fully tested and we are unable to guarantee it will be error free.
Also, please note that even if we help with customizations, we cannot help transfer these changes to a new version of the theme should you decide to upgrade at a later time (please see this blog post for more things to consider before having us or anyone else customize your theme).
Limitation of liability
When creating a staff account for Out of the Sandbox support staff, we are not liable for any changes, customizations, or alterations to your shop that may result in lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our products or services, whether these changes are made by our team or through unauthorized access via our account.
You also expressly understand and agree that customizations made by Out of the Sandbox support may not have been fully tested and may require additional development time that is outside the scope of complimentary support.
While Out of the Sandbox maintains a list of suggested developers and other professionals who can assist with tasks that extend above our support or maybe suggest specific ones via email or other methods, these companies run separately from Out of the Sandbox are not endorsed by Out of the Sandbox and we are unable to provide assistance resolving issues with these developers.
We do, however, encourage customers to provide us with detailed information if a provider does not meet expectations and we may consider removing them from our list of suggested developers at our sole discretion.
Out of the Sandbox may receive a commission from referring customers to third party developers.